Research & development
Two key products undergoing investigation in Europe as part of a global research program are Pemafibrate and Ripasudil:
|Development Code / Nonproprietary Name||Classification||Indications||Development Phase|
|Pitavastatin||HMG-CoA reductase inhibitor||Dyslipidemia|
|HMG-CoA reductase inhibitor/ NPC1L1 inhibitor||Dyslipidemia|
|Pemafibrate||Selective PPARa modulator||Dyslipidemia|
Non-alcoholic fatty liver
Primary biliary cholangitis
|Selective PPARa modulator/ SGLT2 inhibitor||–|
|Ripasudil||Rho kinase inhibitor||Glaucoma and ocular hypertension|
Fuchs endothelial corneal dystrophy
|Rho kinase inhibitor/Alpha-2 adrenergic receptor agonist||Glaucoma and ocular hypertension|
|Peretinoin||Apoptosis inducer||Prevention of recurrence of liver cancer|
- Only a product in Clinical Stage is listed. This list does not include all of the products.
- A product in Clinical Stage is defined as a product for which a regulatory procedure has been made for initiation of a first clinical trial (i.e. Investigational New Drug application in US, Clinical Trial Application in Europe, Clinical Trial Notification in Japan, or a similar process in other regions) and a regulatory procedure for discontinuation of development has not been made or regulatory approval has not been obtained in any regions where approval is anticipated.
- A product assigned with International Nonproprietary Name (INN) is listed as its nonproprietary name. Otherwise, a development code is used.
- This list shows the most advanced development phase for a product which is in more than one phase amongst countries and/or regions. In addition, countries and regions where regulatory application for marketing authorization (e.g. New Drug Application in US) has been filed with an approval yet to be granted, are also listed.
- This list also includes a product in Clinical Stage for new indication(s) even if it has been already approved for different indication(s).
For more information on our research and development program visit https://www.kowa.co.jp/eng/business/health/development.html